Thursday, October 23, 2008

MOTHER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL

"So when the great word 'mother!' rang once more I saw at last it's meaning and place; not the blind passion of brooding past,but mother--the world's mother-- come atlast." Charlotte Perkins Gilman. To love as she has never loved before,to feed,guard and teach the human race.The blacker the berry,the sweeter the juice.A free race cannot be born of slave mothers. With my poems I finally won even my mother,the longest wooing of my life.Bitter are the tears I shed she sweeten them. She can teach me a lot of things but she cannot make me learn.Allows me freedom,but cannot be responsible for it.She can offer me advice,but cannot decide for me.Teaches me to share but cannot make me unselfish. She can advice me about thoughts of life but cannot build my reputation.She can teach me about kindness,but she cannot make me gracious.She models values for me but she cannot make me moral. She taught me respect but she cannot make me honourable.She gives me love but she cannot make me beautiful inside.She gave me life but she cannot live it for me.All that I am I owe it to my mother.

No comments: